Last week I had the privilege of rooming with the fabulous Tracie Miles at the She Speaks conference. Tracie is a wife and mom who also happens to be on the Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker team, and the author of the book Stressed-Less Living.
I couldn’t wait to introduce you to Tracie and her book, (do you know anyone who doesn't deal with entirely too much stress in their lives?) We are giving away a copy of "Stressed-Less Living" to one random winner who leaves a comment! Here’s Tracie:
Exodus 33:14 says "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
Have you ever felt like stress was choking the life right out of you? As if you might implode if you have to face one more stressful situation and all you wanted was to truly rest?
I know how that feels, because I’ve been there. Unfortunately the world that we live in today is packed with stressors more than ever before, and everyone, women especially, are suffering the brunt of this universal epidemic.
Stress from parenting, marriage, work, finances, and worries over economy and politics plague our hearts and minds every day, and sometimes, it might seem more like than we can handle.
Or maybe we think we are adapting well and managing our stress, but our bodies might be showing some wear and tear – emotionally, spiritually, mentally and even physically.
Fortunately, God knew that we would need stress relief, and when we reach the end of our rope, He is always there waiting for us, holding the solution to our stress and the peace that we are all so desperately looking for. We often think that changes in our circumstances will reduce our stress, but the changes really need to begin in our hearts.
The inner peace that comes from the miracle of a changed heart, a renewed perspective on life, and a reenergized faith is the only kind of permanent peace available. Massages, vacations, time off work and nights away from the kids offer temporary relief, but only a close relationship with God offers the lasting peace that we long for.
So are you ready to start exchanging a life of stress for a heart full of peace? Below you will find 10 tips for helping you tap into a peace-filled, less stressed life.
1. Recognize what is causing you the most stress and ask God to help you in those areas. Change the things you can change, but what you can’t change, turn over to God.
2. Reflect on what your definition of peace is. Is it based on your circumstances or your relationship with God? Ask God to help you relax because of who He is, not because life is conflict free.
3. Reclaim your identity. Make sure that the opinion you have of yourself lines up with what God’s Word says about you, and not the opinions of others or the trappings of comparison. Forgive those who have hurt you and embrace your worth and value in Christ.
4. Redirect your thoughts. Focus on becoming an optimist, putting pessimism behind you.
5. Rearrange your priorities and control your busyness. Ask God for guidance about what your priorities should be right now, and for the courage to make changes as He sees fit.
6. Refresh yourself by getting a portion of God’s Word every day, so that His peace can fill your heart. Also make time for yourself and do something that you enjoy.
7. Release your fears and worries to God, instead of letting them suffocate your joy and peace. Ask God for the strength to trust that He has it all under control.
8. Refocus on what’s really important in life. Don’t become consumed with sweating the small stuff.
9. Reinforce your faith by spending time in prayer, studying scripture, and fellowshipping with other believers. Equip yourself with spiritual armor so you will be prepared to stand strong when adversity strikes.
10. Recharge your life by humbling yourself before God, acknowledging your stress, and embracing the true rest that He offers.
Sweet friends, Tracie is giving away a signed copy of her book to one lucky person who leaves a comment. So take a deep breath, leave a comment, and commit to living a stressed-less life by God’s grace—starting today!
To dig deeper into each of these 10 tips, get more information about how to apply them to your everyday life, life, and take advantage of daily personal challenges for each tip, join the thousands of women who have signed up for Tracie’s free 10 DAY STRESS DETOX. Get more information on her blog at www.traciemiles.com.
You can also purchase Tracie’s newly released book, Stressed-Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World. And visit Tracie’s new book website for free stress management tips and resources at www.stressedlessliving.com .